April 20, 2009

Saying goodbye.

It well may be, that we will never meet again. In this lifetime, so let me say before we part. So much of me, is made of what I learned from you, you'll be with me like a hand print on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have re-written mine, by being my friend... who can say if I've been changed for the better, but because I knew you, I have been changed for good. And, just to clear the air, I ask forgiveness for the things I've done you blame me for. But then I guess we know there's blame to share, but none of it seems to matter anymore.

So, that was a little bit long, but it is my feelings. I am going to miss the friends that I have made out here, in Provo, these past 10 months. You have changed my life, whether it is for the better or not, it has been for good. You have all touched my life in one way or another.
I had to say my first goodbyes today, and one of them brought me to tears. Miss Amanda JOY Hawkes has touched my life so much, and I am going to miss her. I know that I am not leaving forever, but these 4-months while I am at home are going to change my life, in ways that I don't know if I am ready for or not.
While I have been out here in Provo, I have realized who my true friends are, back home in California. There are people that I know love me, and that I know will be there for me. And then, there are the people who I thought loved me, and I found out, that moving away ruins those friendships. But here, I have people who do truly love me. They will be there for me while I am out in California, and when I return here to Provo. I'm just going to miss them TERRIBLY!

I really want to thank the following people:
-Melissa Fiso: You have been one of the best roommates that a girl could ask for. I hope that you know how much you mean to me, and how much I am truly going to miss you. What am I going to do when I have a breakdown at the middle of the night, and I need someone to go on a slurpee run and drive around town? You will always hold a special place in my heart.
-Amanda JOY Hawkes: You have become one of my best friends. I love you so much, and I know that the perfect guy is out there for you. Heavenly Father has a plan for you, and even though we can't see it yet, it is a perfect plan for you, and everything will work out the way that it should.
-Aaron Glade: You have become the big brother that I've always wanted. You always been there to listen to me, and help solve my problems. And, when you couldn't solve them yourself, you guided me to another answer or to find comfort in what I am going through. I am eternally grateful for that.
-Eric Davis: I prayed at the beginning of the school year for an excellent home teacher, and my prayers were answered through you. You have been the best home teacher and friend to me. We have had many tear filled talks, and I know that I wouldn't have made it through these 8 months without you. You helped me to see that even if things don't work out the way that I want them to, that Heavenly Father has something better in store for me, and that is being proven by this summer.
-Eric Simons: You have been one of my best friends since last summer. People may think that we are only friends when I need something, but it's not like that at all. I love you like a best friend, and I could not imagine the past 9 months without you.
-David Western: So, I'm not really saying goodbye to you (since you're moving home to California for the summer, too). But, you have truly become part of my family. My family LOVES you, and I am so grateful for your friendship over the past year and a half. Provo would not have been the same without you here. I'm grateful that I always had a friend (from back home) that I could go to, that actually knew my family, and could give me advice that was straight-up and honest. You don't care if it hurts me, because the truth sometimes hurts. And, I'm grateful for that.
-Lindsay Neeley: You are one of the most beautiful women that I know. You are beautiful inside and out. I have never heard you say a harsh word about anyone. It is no wonder that an amazing man, named Preston, has fallen in love with you. Amazing things are about to come your way, and I am so ready for you to receive those and enjoy them!
-Jessica Thompson: You are one of the best people I know. We both have our pasts, and it's amazing that we have both been able to move on from them. You are an amazing friend, and you have been able to teach me so much about myself. You have a crazy hilarious sense of humor, and I'm definitely going to miss that.
-Debbie Scofield: You are pretty much one of the most sarcastic people (besides myself) that I know. It has been a true pleasure and joy to get to know you over the past few months. I look forward to our future blossoming friendship... I lovers you!**
-Mike VanderDoes: I want to thank you for the things that you have taught me. I'm thankful for the friendship that we have regained. You made me see the things which my heart truly desires, and I'm grateful for that.
-Myles Glover: You are a jerk, and thank you for being the jerk in my life. I knew that I could always count on you for that. Good luck in your life, and I hope that someday you can grow up and stop acting like you're in high school.
-TR Tyler: You are my perfect movie buddy. We have the same taste in movies, and I'm so grateful for getting to know you. Thank you for the apartment decorating ideas, it really did freak out my roommates when they moved in. Thank you for all of your corky ideas, and for your sense of humor.
And, last but DEFINITELY not least,
-Britta Anderson: You are my EFY BFF. But, you're more than that! You're my biscuit pizza, co-inventor. You're my amazing friend who calls or texts me right when I need a friend the most. You are amazing. It is no surprise that this is your 3rd year working EFY. You are a great example to everyone that you meet. I love you so much, and am going to miss taking 7 hour naps with you this summer. "SPANISH RICE!!!" "WORK, WORK, WORK... CORNER, CORNER, CORNER, CORNER!"

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

You don't know me but I found you through the MGs and just want to say that your header pic is gorgeous. I love Wicked and know exactly what you mean. Moving away truly does show you who your friends are and makes those friendships even stronger. I'm sure you will love being with fam though. check out my blog. We should be friends.

Amanda said...

i miss my sugar shorts!!
I love you oodles of kadoodles and i'm holding your stuff hostage so you best be coming back to utah!!
love you!!
♥mrs.blow