I've realized, that I haven't really posted yet, about how glad I am to be home.
I want to share a little bit, about my drive home to California. It was kind of interesting, to say the least. In Utah, when I left, it was nice and warm and sunny. I was kind of sad to be leaving on such a beautiful day. But, my mom had told me that it had been nice and hot back home, so I wasn't too worried. As I'm driving through Utah, the 3 hours it took to get to St. George, it was SOOO incredibly BORING! I kept almost falling asleep (and I wasn't even tired). I decided I would put my ipod on, instead of listening to the one CD that I had, and instead of trying to find a radio station in the middle of nowhere. Thank goodness I had my ipod. Without that, I probably would've died. It kept me awake, until the interesting part of the drive. The gorge between St. George and Mesquite. Once I finally made it to the gorge, it was all a matter of driving to "pit stops". I had my stop in Las Vegas (and then I knew that I was almost home). From Vegas, it only took my 3 hours to get home! But, I was scared out of my mind on the drive home from Vegas. And, here is why. I get to "State Line" and, I'm thinking to myself, "My, the clouds are looking awfully gray, and the wind sounds and feels like it is blowing pretty hard." And, my thoughts were right! As soon as I passed over the state line from Nevada to California, where I would normally be jamming out to the Beach Boys "California Girls", I was white knuckling it, trying to keep my car in my lane, and keep it from being blown over. It was probably one of the scariest driving conditions I've ever been in! I think if I had been out of the car, I would've blown over! That weather continued for the next hour or so, wind, sand storms, and rain! When I finally hit Barstow, the horrible weather had finally stopped. And, I couldn't help but sing to myself, "Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly. There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby." My land over the rainbow is home. There was a rainbow over the Cajon Pass, coming home, and it was like a perfect ending to my Provo Adventure.
Now, I am at home, and LOVING it! My mom hasn't started to drive me crazy, too much, yet! I can't wait to find a new job, and hopefully someday soon, buy a new car! I am loving getting to spend time with my family, and I actually have started to enjoy unpacking. I got most of my clothes unpacked today, and once I am able to put most of my stuff under my bed, I will have the rest of my stuff unpacked. I'm excited for the next month and a half. It's Nathan's birthday next week, Brandon comes home less than 3 weeks after that, my aunt gets married about 2 weeks after that, and it is all going to be amazing!
7 years ago




1 comment:
Good thing you didn't leave your iPod at out apartment. :) I'm glad you made it home safely! Even though I do miss having you around. Life at the apartment was not the same without you.
Post a Comment