April 2, 2009

I Think I Miss You

I miss you
I don't know why,
Something's missing deep inside
Your heart so near
Yet far away,
So when I build a sandcastle
In the air, I create thinking
This is what You'd like,
And in the gentle waves
Lapping back and forth
I see your smile
Back and forth
In and out
Close and warm.


Leaving trails on my heart
My fingers sink into the sand,
I feel each grain
The coolness, yet as if
Not feeling, for my mind
Is not here, but there
For I like the way we care,
I can hear You stepping in the sand
behind
I don't need to turn
Your heart is already mine.


I miss you like the sand misses the wave.

I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter.

Hope is what guides me, that is what gets me through the day and the night. The hope that after you're gone from my sight, it will not be the last time that I look upon you.

No comments: