So, I just got home from a nice weekend at home, in California. And, I'll admit it, I didn't want to leave!
Thursday night, we left around 6:30 to head home. I was a little excited for the car ride, but at the same time, dreading sitting in a car for 9-10 hours! We got into St. George around 10:00, just in time for me and David to get some in-n-out. It honestly was sooo good! I forgot how good it tasted. And, the fries were PERFECT! Sometimes the fries aren't the best, but this time... OH, so good! We got into Vegas at about 11:00 (PST), and I honestly could not wait to get out of that car. Not that I don't love David and Sam, and love spending time with them. But, it was getting horrible sitting in the car. We got into Barstow to get gas, and pulled off of the first off ramp, at the gas station there the gas was $3.59! It was ridiculous! So, we pulled back onto the freeway and got off at another exit where the gas was $2.69. I finally got home at about 2:30 in the morning, EXTREMELY exhausted. But, when I walked in the door, I was surprised to find my mom and my sister awake. They both gave me hugs and welcomed me home, then we were all off to bed.
Friday morning, after about 3 hours of sleep, I went to work with my mom. It was Halloween, so all of her students were going to be dressed up and having a party. It was raining, so the kids didn't get to have their "costume parade" but, they still had their little party in the classroom. In the evening, I went to visit a family that I used to babysit for. They were so excited to see me, and had no idea that I was living in Utah. The kids have seriously grown up so much! I honestly cannot believe that I have been babysitting them for about 5 years! Well, after that, I went and visited some of my old neighbors. After seeing the neighbors, Lauren, Mason, Hailey, and I went to go and see my dad. He took us out to dinner (and it was so yummy!) and then we went back and played dominoes at his house. He gave me a set of plates and mugs to bring back with me, and I took one of my blankets that was at his house.
On Saturday, I was hoping to get to sleep in. But, at 8:30, Lauren brought Hailey in and plopped her on my stomach, and woke me up. Then, Lauren got ready for work, and Mason took my dad to San Pedro to leave on his cruise. So, my mom and I got to watch Hailey. She is seriously the cutest little girl EVER! I honestly missed her so much! My mom took me out to lunch, to BJ's. BJ's is one of my favorite places to eat, and we don't have any out here in Utah, so it was really nice and refreshing to get to eat a yummy pizza and pazookie. Then, we went to Wal-Mart to go and buy me some flannel sheets, and they didn't have ANY. So, I then went to Target and got these really cute sheets. After that, we went home and just relaxed a bit. That night, Lauren, Mason, my brother Nathan, and I went to Knott's Scary Farm. It was so much fun! Brock and his new "lady friend" Jaz met up with us. I was so happy that I got to see Brock. He and I have missed each other ALOT. We got home at about 1:30 in the morning, and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I was not looking forward to Sunday, at all. I woke up at about 9:30 and knew that I only had a few more hours until I had to leave. My mom made me some homemade chili, and it was SOOOO good! Then, when Lauren got home from her work meeting, we played some dominoes and I realized how much I miss that, while I'm living out in Utah. I miss playing games with my siblings, and just getting to spend time with them. It got to be about 1:15, and I realized that I needed to finish packing and get ready to go. So, I asked Mason if he would lift up the mattress to my bed, so that I could get underneath and grab one of my blankets that was down there. So, he did, and I climbed under to get the blanket. And, to pick up the Reese's pieces that he and Lauren dropped down there the other night. Then, he put the mattress down, and I was stuck under it! ha ha ha. He said, "Now, you can't go back to Utah." Then, he went and got Lauren to show her that I was stuck under the bed. After about 5 minutes of me being stuck under the bed, he let me out. It was kind of funny, but kind of sad at the same time. I realized how much they didn't want me to leave. But, I had to leave. David and Sam showed up at my house at about 2:30, and we were on the road by 2:35. It was a long drive, but I stayed awake the whole time. And, it's a good thing that I did. David dozed off for a second and swerved and we could have died, had I not been awake and yelled at him. We made it back into Provo at about 12:15.
It was a great weekend, and I hated having to leave. The worst goodbye that I had was with Nathan. He hates it that I'm out here, and did not want me to leave. He wouldn't even give me a hug when I left! But, now I'm back home in Provo. I brought back the set of plates and mugs, 6 new blankets for my bed and apartment, and about 6 pairs of pajama pants and shorts. I'm still trying to find out if I will be going home for Thanksgiving, it all depends on if I can find a ride out there. But, I will be home for Christmas, you can count on me.
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment